Inasmuch as States of Emergency have been declared for The Nation, the State of NY and the County of Monroe and we have all been asked to avoid gathering with others in public (especially but not limited to those over the age of 60),
TCPC Session is implementing the following safeguards EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
All In-person Activities Cancelled at TCPC Until Further Notice. In 1st Corinthians Chapter 12, the Apostle Paul tells us how important it is to honor and care for all parts of the body of Christ. To both protect all of our vulnerable members as well as decrease the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community, the Session has determined that the TCPC building will be closed to all persons, activities and groups(including Nursery School, Cub Scouts and Lilac) at least until such time as the Brighton School District is re-opened.
(except for certain tasks by single staff members) through this health crisis. Session will closely follow recommendations from health and governmental experts and will not re-open our building until it is considered safe to do so.
· Worship services will be held online until further notice.
· The Report of the Feasibility Study for the congregation will be rescheduled until after Easter
· Scheduled church committee meetings will be held online until further notice.
· Staff will work at home as much as possible and be in the building only when others are not present.
· Our Deacons are making increased phone calls to members who live alone and will not do any home visitations. Anyone running an errand for someone unable to leave home is asked to avoid entering a household where they could unintentionally spread the virus to someone who is especially vulnerable to it.
Walk through our doors and experience a place where: God is encountered in worship, work and fellowship, dialogue and experiential learning occur, spiritual renewal is nurtured and all are welcome as God’s children.
Our Church has always been active in the Brighton community. In fact, our church houses many community events and organizations including: Twelve Corners Nursery School, Lilac Children’s Garden, Golden Link Folksingers, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, many support groups, Adirondack Mountain club, Rochester Dance Network, and Rochester Philatelic Association.